Lawsuits are between two people or entities, whether public or private and do not involve the deciding of a criminal case, are determined under Utah law as civil litigation. When a person has been deprived of their rights in a manner that results in an injustice, Utah’s civil litigation laws serve as a means for awarding compensation to the wronged individual. If someone is guilty of having committed a crime, their sentencing and punishment do not derive from the civil litigation system, but rather, is a function of the criminal justice system. The scope of Utah’s civil litigation system is to provide victims with a means of receiving recompense for their suffering, usually in the form of money.
If you need civil litigation representation in Salt Lake or Utah counties, contact the office of Eric M. Swinyard & Associates, PLLC online or by calling us at (801) 515-4133 to schedule your consultation today.
The Ways in Which a Civil Lawyer Can Assist You
When two parties are involved in a dispute, and they are unable to reach an acceptable resolution via negotiation or mediation, the next step may be to pursue litigation. If this is the case, we can provide you with experienced representation, and we can advise you on the best course of action.
Ways in which a Utah civil litigation lawyer you can help you include:
- Providing Consult for Legal Issues
- By Preparing or Responding to a Complaint
- Giving Written Discovery Response or Preparation
- Conducting Depositions Defense
- Defending Motions or Preparing Them
- Arguing Motions Orally
- Preparing or Defending Motions in Limine
- Preparing Instructions for the Jury
- Conducting Trial
- Providing Post-Trial Motions Defense or Preparation
- Providing Appeal Strategy Consult
- Responding to or Preparing Appeals
- Conducting Arguments Orally
We provide counsel for lawsuits that include:
- Contractual and Business Disputes — This covers commercial lawsuits as well.
- Disputes Involving the Purchase of Land — We handle commercial and residential real estate disputes, and we are knowledgeable regarding our region’s zoning laws.
- Laws Involving Probate — We can aid in issues dealing with probate, and we can advise executors on how to handle legalities and on how to best administer their responsibilities.
- Employment — Whether it is wrongful termination, issues involving discrimination or anything else, we can help you resolve problems that occur in the workplace.
- Injury — Whether your personal injury stems from a car accident, fall, or negligence, we can provide you with legal representation. We also deal with abuse cases that occurred in a nursing home setting, and we pursue claims of medical malpractice and wrongful death.
- Insurance — We deal with claims regarding personal injury, and we can represent you to your insurance company.
- Appeals — We will defend your case when it moves into the higher courts.
- Tenant or Landlord Issues — We work for clients that are involved in both residential and commercial litigation.
- Family Law — We take on cases related to child support and custody, adopting, divorcing, and paternity actions.
Contact Our Civil Litigation Law Firm in Salt Lake County & Utah County
We are experienced and knowledgeable in many the area of civil litigation, and we can effectively represent you. Based in South Jordan, we serve both Salt Lake County and Utah County.
ExperiencedThe right attorney makes all the difference. Our attorneys are experienced, transparent and dedicated to your goals.
30-Min ConsultationWe understand that you have questions, our Firm will provide you with a 30-minute no-obligation consultation with an Attorney.
PreparationFamily Law matters are complex; we ensure that all of our clients are thoroughly educated and prepared along the way.
Personalized ApproachNo two cases are the same. Our Approach is tailored specifically to your goals.
We offer the results-driven counsel you are seeking, serving clients with poise and
compassion every step of the way. Call (801) 515-4133 now or complete the form below
to get started with a consultation.